Today's Change

0.00 (0.00%)

Day's Change

0.012 - 0.013

Trading Volume

3 people like this.

22 comment(s). Last comment by Value Investor Coo1eo 2020-01-03 08:37

Posted by Siew Jian Bin > 2012-07-24 22:21 | Report Abuse

I also kept this share, but the rupee is down VS SGD, haiz... Anyway, the gearing is less than 10%, shd have room to grow!

Posted by wangzhongpeng > 2012-07-26 08:28 | Report Abuse

I also keep this share and waiting the price go down , want to buy some more shares.

Posted by Jian Bin Siew > 2012-08-01 21:42 | Report Abuse

Tomorrow the result will out, hope that the earning can increase to SGD0.008.

Posted by Jian Bin Siew > 2013-06-13 23:47 | Report Abuse

I think now is the good time to collect Lippomall at Sgd0.465.

sengchai

23 posts

Posted by sengchai > 2013-07-10 10:13 | Report Abuse

Does anyone see the short sell movement in INNOPAC. N CNA

Fong Kh

5 posts

Posted by Fong Kh > 2014-09-17 10:03 | Report Abuse

"Lippo Malls Indonesia Retail Trust (SGX: D5IU), a real estate investment trust focused on Indonesia-based retail properties, proposed a new acquisition.
In the announcement, the trust also recommended that the purchase be partially funded by an equity fund raising exercise which might potentially dilute existing unit-holders’ stake in the trust by up to 12%. Given the extent of dilution, does this acquisition make sense for unit-holders?"
read more at
http://www.fool.sg/2014/09/16/is-lippo-malls-indonesia-retail-trusts-latest-property-purchase-a-winner/

Posted by superman11 > 2014-12-08 09:52 | Report Abuse

Hey guys, any comment for this counter? Keep or let it go?

Posted by Jian Bin Siew > 2014-12-08 14:44 | Report Abuse

Why sgd vs idr keep.increasing? Else, i will make profit through this counter. Now the price is so low, nothing to lose.

Posted by queenfit > 2014-12-08 15:09 | Report Abuse

why trading halt ?

Fong Kh

5 posts

Posted by Fong Kh > 2014-12-09 10:02 | Report Abuse

hold

Kay

9 posts

Posted by Kay > 2017-05-08 15:37 | Report Abuse

Any thoughts on this counter??

Posted by DenisYeo > 2017-05-10 12:34 | Report Abuse

going on

Kay

9 posts

Posted by Kay > 2017-06-16 09:48 | Report Abuse

How does the Proposed Issuance of S$120m Perpetual Securities affects the future of Lippo? More cash?

Posted by punklitez > 2017-06-17 10:09 | Report Abuse

gearing will come down since it is "classified" as equity in the balance sheet. It will definitely be used to finance the kendari acquisition. Excess cash will be used to refinance 2 bonds expiring in July (5.875%) and Nov (4.48%) 2017. Therefore, gearing ratio will come down but all in cost of debt may increase.

Kay

9 posts

Posted by Kay > 2017-09-27 10:13 | Report Abuse

Got my lippo dividends. Love the consistent payouts :)

Kay

9 posts

Posted by Kay > 2017-10-17 12:06 | Report Abuse

Lippo is on the list too.
http://fifthperson.com/lion-phillip-s-reit-etf/

Kay

9 posts

Posted by Kay > 2018-04-16 17:05 | Report Abuse

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/lippo-malls-indonesia-retail-trust-020902683.html

Lippo Malls Indonesia Retail Trust (SGX: D5IU), or LMIRT for short, is an Indonesian retail REIT listed in Singapore. It owns a portfolio of 23 retail malls and seven retail spaces located across four cities in Indonesia.

Last year, LMIRT increased its debt load to acquire two new properties, which prompted Moody’s to review the trust’s credit rating. If its credit rating is downgraded, LMIRT’s ability to secure additional loans or refinancing might be compromised. It might consequently have to obtain loans at a higher interest rate. A higher cost of debt, will, in turn, affect earnings and distributions.

I have done some research on the REIT and have concluded that despite Moody’s review on the REIT’s credit rating, LMIRT has been able to manage its debt strategically over the years and going forward, it is more than likely to be able to repay any debt obligations it currently owes.

Gearing ratio

The first reason I believe this is the case is that LMIRT has a gearing ratio that seems very manageable. The gearing ratio is the total debt compared to the total assets of the trust. As of 31 December 2017, LMIT had a gearing ratio of 33.7% (including perpetuities).

This is well within the Monetary Authority of Singapore regulatory cap for REITs of 45%. The relatively low gearing means that the REIT still has debt headroom to increase its debt load even further.

Interest coverage

The interest coverage ratio measures the REIT’s ability to pay its interest expenses each year. Mathematically, it is calculated by dividing financial expense by net property income.

For the year 2017, LMIRT had a net property income of S$184.2 million and financial expense of S$31.5 million. This translates to an interest coverage ratio of roughly six times.

An interest coverage ratio of above five is considered very safe. By that mark, LMIRT falls well within the safe zone.

Cost of borrowing

Finally, LMIRT has an average cost of debt at 4.7%. Yes, this may be relatively high compared to other retail REITs in Singapore. Similar retail REITs such as CapitaLand Mall Trust (SGX:C38U), CapitaLand Retail China Trust (SGX:AU8U), and Fortune REIT (SGX:F25U) have an average cost of debt at 3.2%, 2.81% and 2.41% respectively.

However, LMIRT has one of the highest property yields at 9.65%. This more than makes up for its high cost of debt such that the trust can easily pay off its finance costs. To put this in perspective CapitaLand mall Trust, CapitaLand Retail China Trust and Fortune REIT have property yields of 5.3%, 5.8% and 3.6% respectively.

The Foolish bottom line

LMIRT has previously had an aggressive expansion strategy that relied mostly on borrowing for further acquisitions. Despite this, their overall capital management looks prudently managed. It has a relatively low gearing ratio, a high interest coverage ratio and an asset yield that more than makes up for its borrowing cost.

All things considered, I believe that the REIT has put in place prudent debt management strategy and has the means to see through all of its current financial obligations.

Posted by Value Investor Coo1eo > 2020-01-03 08:37 | Report Abuse

Holland

Post a Comment
Market Buzz