Highlights

SGX Stocks and Warrants

Author: kimeng   |   Latest post: Mon, 24 Jul 2017, 10:12 AM

 

Soilbuild REIT: Challenges at 72 Loyang Way

Author:   |    Publish date:


  • 2Q DPU drops 6.3% YoY
  • Loyang is the wild card
  • FY17F yield of 8.0%

2Q17 Results Within Expectations

Soilbuild Business Space REIT (Soilbuild REIT) reported 2Q17 gross revenue of S$21.6m, representing an increase of 10.1% YoY and 25.2% of our full-year forecast. DPU fell 6.3% to 1.466 S cents, partly due to payment of property management and lease management fees in cash instead of units. 2Q17 DPU came in within our expectations at 25.6% of full-year forecast. Portfolio occupancy rose from 91.8% (as at end- 1Q17) to 92.6%.

For leases renewed during the quarter, rental reversions were relatively flat while for renewals secured in advance, a -9.8% reversion was clocked. In 2H17, 7.6% of Soilbuild REIT’s portfolio NLA is up for renewal.

72 Loyang Way Occupancy Increases 12.9ppt to 22.8%

The security deposit received for 72 Loyang Way has been fully utilized during the quarter; the asset’s occupancy came in at 22.8% in 2Q17, up from 9.9% in 1Q17. Recall that Soilbuild REIT has obtained approval from JTC to lease out up to 30% of the property’s GFA to non-oil and gas related tenants. We currently project that the 30% of the space will successfully be leased out by FY18, while the other 70% of the NLA will remain unoccupied till FY20.

Reiterate HOLD

With a change in covering analyst, we apply a DDM using our new DPU estimates with a lower cost of equity (9.3% instead of 9.7% previously). Despite the significant headwinds facing Soilbuild REIT’s multi-tenanted assets, we believe the REIT will be buffered by the stability of contributions from its numerous master leased assets as well as the prospect of a bottoming market in the industrial space this year.

The upcoming expiry of the Solaris master lease is expected to be largely NPI neutral based on our projections. As a result of some adjustments, our FY17F DPU increases from 5.7 S cents (previous forecast) to 5.9 S cents (current forecast).

Our fair value increases from S$0.64 to S$0.67. Based on our new projections and last Friday’s closing price, Soilbuild REIT is trading at a P/B of 1.0x and a distribution yield of 8.0% for FY17F. We maintain HOLD with a fair value of S$0.67.

Source: OCBC Research - 17 Jul 2017

Share this

Related Stocks

Chart Stock Name Last Change Volume 
SoilbuildBizReit 0.71 +0.005 (0.71%) 1,138,000 

  Be the first to like this.
 


 

136  159  207  592 

ActiveGainersLosers
Top 10 Active Counters
 NameLastChange 
 Advanced Systems 0.0010.00 
 Rowsley 0.168-0.006 
 Swee Hong^ 0.022+0.004 
 DISA 0.016+0.002 
 SinoCloud 0.003+0.001 
 Sincap 0.048+0.005 
 MMP Resources^ 0.008+0.001 
 China Med Intl 0.007+0.001 
 Noble 0.210.00 
 MagnusEnergy 0.0010.00 

TOP ARTICLES

1. Oil & Gas, Show Me the Orders! The Boring Investor
2. Running Your Own Finances Like How Companies Are Run A Path to Forever Financial Freedom
3. Cache Logistics Trust: Rich Valuations Given Challenges SGX Stocks and Warrants
4. Marty Schwartz's Quote on Saving Money & Go On to Next Trade Collin Seow Remisier Blog
5. CapitaLand Mall Trust: Firm Cap Rate Compression SGX Stocks and Warrants
Partners & Brokers